Sunday 3 December 2017

Beautycon London 2017


Hello Everyone,

Welcome back to my site, before I get into today's post I would just like to say that I have been unable to do blogmas this year because I have been ill this last week and then have had a load of school work to catch up on so it made it difficult to pre-write posts. However, if there are any Christmas posts that you want to see then be sure to let me know in the comments down below...

On Saturday 2nd December I attended the Beautycon Festival at Kensington Olympia, I had purchased the general admission ticket which meant that I could enter the event at midday when the event starts but not access to any of the organised meetups.
Before I went to the event I had seen on youtube videos of Beautycon LA which was a large scale event... this was not the case for London. If any of you have been Olympia before then you would know that it has two levels - upstairs was the VIP area which just had some tables and chairs in. Then downstairs was where all the brand stalls were. On the videos I saw, general admission holders were given loads of freebies, yet again with London, this was not the case. For example at the Lime Crime stand Tallulah and I queued and 1hr30mins to get to the stand where we found out you had to buy a product.

However, despite some of the initial disappointment with the event things did start to brighten up with the creators we were able to meet. To anyone thinking of going to any of the other Beautycon festivals, I would say before booking your tickets keep in mind that there will be many opportunities for you to meet the VIP meet up creators around the event. Lewys Ball (lookingforlewys), Freddy Cousin - Brown (freddymylove) and Sophia Mitchell were all on the VIP list and Tallulah and I still managed to meet them...
  

I have to admit that when I saw Freddy I was a little starstruck, she was one of the first YouTubers that I started to watch religiously so to finally meet her and to see that she was exactly the same in real life as she is on camera was an amazing thing! Later on in the day, we met some other creators, so it just goes to show that even with a basic general admission ticket you can still meet exactly the same people that paid up to three times more for the ticket! 


Overall, Tallulah and I had a wonderful day and would recommend this event to any beauty/fashion lovers especially if you're a creator as it gives you so many opportunities to network with other people with similar interests.


MY OUTFIT:
Top - Primark
Mom Jeans - New Look
Belt - Primark
Shoes - Black Old Skool Vans

MAKEUP:
Primer - Wonderland Studio Finish
Highlighter - Kiko Less is better
                   - MAC soft and gentle
Lipstick - Kylie Cosmetics Malibu
              - Lime Crime Dope
Mascara - Benefit They're real

 Q: Who's your favourite Youtuber and blogger? (comment down below)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment